We are able to customised training programmes for groups of people on various aspects of disability and accessibility ranging from:
- Disability sensitisation
- CRPD and different aspects related to it
- Basic understanding of accessibility
- How to undertake an accessibility audit.
- Disability and poverty
- Disability and social security
- Disability inclusive disaster risk reduction
- ...and so on.
The training can be customised based on the number if days available, the educational background of participants, and group size the client desires
Logistical arrangements would be the responsibility of the client.
- Facilitated a 3 day training on developing accessibility standards, for disabled peoples organisations in the Pacific. The training was organized by Pacific Disability Forum. (Feb. 2018)
- Facilitated a 3 day Training programme in Cairo, Egypt on ‘Conducting Access Audits’ for disabled peoples organisations in Egypt. The training was organized by CEOSS. (December 2017)
- Facilitated a 10 day Training programme in Islamabad,, Pakistan on ‘Conducting Access Audits’ for disabled peoples organisations in Pakistan. The training was organized by CBM, MENA (December 2014)
- Co-facilitated a workshop on Universal Periodic Review for participants from disabled peoples organisations (DPO’s) in Mauritius and Cambodia. The purpose of the workshop was capacity building of DPO members to recognize human rights violations against disabled people in their country with a aim to assist them to submit a stakeholder report to the UN. The team was organised by IDA (2013)
- Paper presentation on “Public procurement to promote Accessibility in low & middle income countries” at Symposium on Disability, Technology and Rehabilitation in Low and Middle Income Countries, organized by Washington University (September 24, 2013)
- Co Facilitated a workshop on “2 day Workshop on creation of barrier-free Environment” in Gwalior organized in collaboration with the District Collectors office Gwalior and Amarjyoti Charitable Trust (August 22 – 23, 2012)
- Facilitated a series of four “Sensitization Workshop on Universal Design” for government officials and engineers from public works department in different districts of Jammu and Kashmir. The workshop was organized by Handicap International in collaboration with HOPE Disability Center, Srinagar (September 18 – 22, 2012)
- Represented women with disabilities India at the Asia Pacific Feminist Forum 2011 organized by Asia Pacific Forum on Women, Law and Development, Chang Mai Thailand (December 12 – 14, 2011)
- Paper presentation at the International Conference on ‘Tourism For All’ organized by Foundation Once and ENAT, Voladolid Spain (November 26, 2010)
- Co-facilitated a series of five training workshops ‘Access for All’ organised by the office of Chief Commissioner Disabilities, Government of India for participants from all States & Union Territories of India. (2001)